Traumatic brain injury is caused by a direct violent blow to the head, resulting in brain swelling and internal tissues and vessel damage. Brain injuries are often classified based on their severity, which ranges from mild to severe. Moreover, it can also be classified either as a closed-head or open-head injury. Closed-head injury refers to the bleeding, swelling, or bruising of the brain’s internal parts due to the impact without the skull being broken. The type of injuries that are often under this are subdural hematomas, subarachnoid, and epidural bleeds. On the other hand, open-head injury results when the skull is broken, in one way or another. Each year, more than a million victims suffered from a traumatic brain injury in the following forms: closed-head injury, brain bleed or swelling, skull injury, among the few. Approximately 80,000 victims are known to suffer permanent disabilities as a result of brain injury. To help traumatic brain injury victims achieve the justice they deserve, especially when another person’s negligence causes their injury, a top rated TBI attorney in Los Angeles is always ready to offer legal service.
The Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group traumatic brain injury attorneys have immense knowledge and successful background experiences fighting and supporting on behalf of traumatic brain injury victims. They are well-known attorneys in LA for the legal services they offer to those in need of their assistance. The top rated TBI attorney in LA studies cases, prepares necessary legal documents, and never misses any relevant detail to present a strong claim. They care about their clients, so they work the hardest to provide the best legal experience.
8 Traumatic Brain Injury Facts You Have No Idea Exists
To fully understand how traumatic brain injury claims work, top rated TBI attorney in LA suggests that you gain comprehensive knowledge regarding traumatic brain injuries. There is no need for you to know and master every bit, as long as you know how brain injury naturally occurs, its causes, which brain areas are affected, and how it affects every traumatic brain injury victims.
- There are normally three age groups that are susceptible to traumatic brain injuries. These include children ages 0 to 4-year-olds, teenagers ages 15 to 19 years old, and adults ages 65 and up. The common cause for these ages to sustain traumatic brain injury is trips or falls. Top rated TBI attorney in LA often encounters and handles cases among these age groups.
- There is no such thing as warnings or signs for traumatic brain injuries. However, there are things that you can do to prevent this from happening. Always ensure to use a seatbelt while inside the car and wear a helmet when you are driving or riding a motorcycle. These are simple ways you can do to avoid severe injuries in case of an accident.
- The most common injured area of the brain is the frontal lobes. Frontal lobes are in charge of every person’s ability to think and regulate emotions. Thus, traumatic brain injury victims often experience disorientation, impulsiveness, confusion, memory loss, and behavior change. Medical doctors ensure to check the victim’s brain status from time to time by using a CT scan or MRI.
- Traumatic brain injuries are known to be a complex case by doctors. It is vital that after the accident, the victims are rushed to the hospitals to get checked. Oftentimes, a blow to a particular part of the brain could affect and damage the rest of the brain parts. Thus, doctors must have the scans run and check the brain’s activity to avoid severe complications from happening.
- According to the reports, men are most likely to sustain traumatic brain injuries compared to women. There are several possible reasons behind this report. One of which includes the occurrence of vehicular accidents where men are usually found to be the drivers. Moreover, there are other instances where men perform the most difficult and dangerous duties or jobs prone to accidents. Common examples of this are construction workers, soldiers, and seafarers.
- Mild traumatic brain injuries should never be underestimated. The victim may only sustain a concussion and is often discharged days or weeks after. Yet, it is relevant to remember that there are cases when symptoms often show several months after the accident. These symptoms are usually mistaken as normal situations we encounter, such as headaches and dizziness. The need for follow-up check-ups is essential and necessary. This way, any possible complications can be foreseen and prevented.
- CT scanning and MRI can both show the possible brain injuries of the victims. However, it is essential to know how different the results of both scans show. To be specific, CT scans do not exactly show the presence of any structural abnormalities. MRI, on the other hand, can report and show the visible brain damage with a CT scan after sustaining a traumatic brain injury. Medical doctors should run both scans to ensure that the scope of brain damage is seen.
- Aside from vehicular accidents and falls, sports-related injuries are among the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries. It reaches as high as 3.8 million per year. These injuries are usually witnessed in intense sports such as basketball, soccer, boxing, wrestling, hockey, and running. Sports players always follow the rules and regulations and execute the right movements to avoid serious injuries.
Top Rated TBI Attorney in Los Angeles: Always At Your Service
If you or any of your loved ones sustained a traumatic brain injury due to another person’s behavior, then you need to ask for a legal consultation from the top rated TBI attorney in Los Angeles. Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group understands how these brain injuries affect the way you live your life. Thus, having someone on your back to help you receive the compensation you need to move forward and protect your well-being while going through the tedious legal process is essential. If you want to take a lot of baggage out of your plate, we would be delighted to help you. Contact us today at (818) 975-3080.