Each year countless employees and workers suffer incalculable pain and suffering from work-related accidents and injuries. If you sustained injuries while working, you have the right to get compensation. Contact a knowledgeable California work injury attorney to maximize the damages you can recover.
As governed by the Federal Employment Safety regulations, employers owe a duty to their workers. They need to provide their employees with a safe workplace, free of any danger that can cause accidents or harm. Likewise, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) require employers to equip workers with the right to receive compensation for injuries endured while working.
Most Common Causes of Work Injuries in California
There’s no doubt that accidents happen in almost every workplace. No matter how careful an employee works, accidents will occur if the employer is negligent or its other workers. Here are some of the common causes of work injuries:
- Lack of proper training or instruction
- Incompetent or negligent employees
- Violation of safety measures
- Long-term ergonomic damage
- Body parts caught in heavy machinery
- Missing or obstructed signage
- Explosions and fires
- Car and equipment accidents
- Congested walkways and exits
- Poorly maintained equipment or totally defective equipment
- Violent crime
- Negligence to adhere to limits, standards, and restrictions
These work injuries can leave workers devasted with missing limbs, excruciating pain, several fractures, and even kill them. The damages a worker suffers devoid him of the significant parts of their lives, including their professions.
Most of the time, the workers’ compensation benefits won’t be enough to cover all the past and future expenses of the medical treatment. If you have no benefits or the insurance company isn’t collaborative, contact a California work injury attorney and let him deal with the insurance adjusters. If they know you have someone to defend you, they will cooperate and provide you with what is rightfully yours.
California Work Injury Attorney: Most Common Workplace Injuries
If there are factors that cause work injuries in the workplace, expect that there will be injuries. These are:
- Cuts, abrasions, or lacerations
- Head injury or brain injury
- Bone fractures
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Sprains, strains, and tears
- Toxic fume inhalation
Why Would You Need a Knowledgeable California Work injury Attorney?
Work injury varies from one person to another. It ranges from minor wounds and bruises to severe injuries to permanent disability or even death. If you suffer considerable or tragic injury because of other people’s negligence, you will have grounds to file a lawsuit.
There are more than one reasons why you’ll need a knowledgeable California work injury attorney. It’s because of the following:
- You‘ll need a skilled work injury attorney to identify your case’s worth
- You’ll need an expert work injury attorney to deal with insurance companies
- You‘ll need a trustworthy work injury attorney who will defend your rights to fair compensation
- You’ll need someone who knows the twists and turns of the court’s legal proceedings
- You’ll need an aggressive work injury attorney to represent you in court if necessary
- You’ll need an honest work injury attorney who will provide an estimate of your case’s worth
Your Right as an Injured Worker Under California Labor Code Section 132
If you’re an injured worker in California, you have the right to file for workers’ compensation. You have the privilege to seek medical coverage as well as wage replacement payments. An employer shouldn’t take any unfavorable action against employees who file a claim.
The employer cannot fire his employee or discriminate against him. Additionally, a worker filing for a claim shouldn’t receive any form of punishment from his employer.
If the employer took any revengeful actions against their employees, they are guilty of dereliction. Moreover, they might be subject to sizeable financial benefits, including up to $10,000 on top of workers’ compensation payable to the injured worker.
Benefits of a Worker Who Sustained Work-Related Injuries
According to California Worker’s Compensation Laws, here are the rights and entitlements of injured workers. All remunerations, including non-cash benefits received, are tax-exempted. It differs from other benefits, such as joblessness.
- Medical treatment expenses (medical evaluations, medical aid devices, surgery, etc.)
- Temporary disability payments
- Permanent disability payments
- Life pension payments
- Vocational retraining costs (Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit)
- Death benefits
Seek Help from a California Work Injury Attorney
Most employers don’t play fair and revenge against their injured employees who file workers’ compensation claims. Our competent work injury attorneys at Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group won’t let it happen to you. We’ll protect your rights and maximize your potential compensation.
We work one-on-one with our clients to ensure that we emphasize your case. Securing your benefits and compensation is our urgency for you to recuperate faster from a work injury. We work on a contingency basis so you can focus on regaining your health. Dial (818) 975-3080, and let’s talk about your case at no cost.