Can I See My Own Doctor?

If you have health insurance that is not provided by your employer, you may be able to predesignate a physician who will treat your job-related injuries. You need to do that before you are injured. There should be a poster displayed in your place of employment that explains how to predesignate a physician.

If you are not eligible to predesignate or have not done so, you must be treated by the physician or clinic that your employer or its workers’ compensation insurance company provides. When you report your injury, your employer can tell you where to obtain treatment.

Worried About Your Injury?
We’re Here to Help

We've helped countless injured workers get the answers they're looking for and stop worrying about what to do next. Fill out the form below and one of our legal professionals will consult with you for free.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Name*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.