Tedious work can cause employees and workers to suffer from repetitive stress injuries. In California, those who are usually affected include people working in the assembly line, typing jobs, meatpacking, and carpentry, among others. If you think you have developed this injury, talk to a California repetitive stress injury lawyer to determine if you have a case.
What is Repetitive Stress Injury?
Repetitive stress injury is one of the most common orthopedic injuries in the workplace. Overexertion can strain the muscles and can lead to beck or back pain. Any repetitive movements performed on long periods can damage and worsen the soft tissues in the injured body part. It commonly affects the hands, wrists, hips, shoulders, and knees, which can result in chronic pain.
This injury encompasses several factors that affect the tendons, muscles, nerves, and ligaments. It’s also known as overuse syndromes, cumulative trauma disorders, or repetitive motion disorders.
What Causes Repetitive Stress Injury?
Many activities cause repetitive stress injuries. It also stems from vibrations that cause damage to the nervous or musculoskeletal system. These include:
- Several uninterrupted repetitions of activities or locomotion
- Unusual or strenuous motions such as twisting the arm or wrist
- Improper posture
- Muscle Lethargy
- Regularly lifting heavy objects
This type of orthopedic injury mostly occurs in the wrists, hands, shoulders, elbows, fingers, and thumbs. Likewise, it can affect the back, knees, ankles, feet, neck, legs, and hips.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Signs and symptoms of a repetitive stress injury include pain, numbness, and tingling. You may also suffer flexibility loss and robustness of the affected area. There’s also noticeable swelling or inflammation of the affected area. There are instances that you might experience loss of hearing or sight.
Some people may see no visible injury signs but will have difficulty performing their usual tasks in the long run. It can result in temporary or lasting damage to the body’s soft tissues, such as the nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Moreover, it can cause nerves and tissue compressions.
Proving that You Suffer from Repetitive Stress Injury
Your initial step to proving that you suffer from a repetitive stress injury is to check if you have one. It’s important to understand the various symptoms. The challenge is that these symptoms develop gradually. You won’t even know how long you’ve been sucking it up or how bad they became because the injury transpires in months or even years.
- Before you file for workers’ compensation, you need to gather evidence to support your claim. These are:
- Medical records with doctor’s final diagnosis that you have work-related RSI
- Pictures of your injuries (X-rays, MRIs, and PET scans)
- Colleagues’ statements to support your claim
- Workplace photos (desk, keyboard, or chair used regularly)
- Formal copy report submitted to your employer
- Time clock records that demonstrate the frequency you need to perform such tasks
- Maintenance reports that concerns equipment use, such as ergonomic chairs or wrist guards
Filing a Worker’s Compensation for Your Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI)
Since repetitive stress injuries are less evident, affected employees and workers have difficulty getting their benefits. If you think you suffer from RSI, you’ll need all the help you can get. Contact a credible California repetitive stress injury lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve. It will provide for any medical treatments necessary to alleviate the pain and repair the damage.
Furthermore, the workers’ compensation can support income replacement if you need to take some time off to recover fully. You will receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses if you need to see a specialist from out of town. As soon as you have an official diagnosis, you can start filing a workers’ compensation with the help of a knowledgeable California repetitive stress injury lawyer.
Why Should You Consult a California Repetitive Stress Injury Lawyer?
There are many reasons to consult a California repetitive stress injury lawyer. You need to speak to them when:
- The insurance company rejected your claim
- You have a pre-existent condition
- Your capability to work in the future has been
- You have to appear a workers’ compensation hearing
- You’re getting other government benefits (such as Social Security Disability benefits)
- You have difficulty getting the necessary medical treatment
- The claims adjuster disputes your permanent disability status
Speak with the Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group Lawyers Today
At Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group, we value our client’s health and overall well-being. We prioritize the securing of your benefits and compensation necessary for your full recovery. We’ll fight for your rights and won’t leave your side throughout the legal proceedings.
If you suffer from a repetitive stress injury, speak with our reputable and compassionate lawyers at the Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group. We are the right people to handle your case. Call us today at (818) 975-3080. We work on a contingency basis, and we will review your case at no obligation. Our policy is no win, no pay, but we ensure to do our best to win your case.