When dealing with traumatic brain injuries caused by another person’s negligence, the process may become too complex. The victims and the families alone cannot handle the case without the best TBI attorney LA. The truth is, there is more to these lawsuits than gathering relevant evidence or witnesses. Facing insurance companies and the responsible party can be too much for those who are not well-familiar with the law and how it works. Therefore, these cases should be given to the law experts who can provide the right and proper legal advice.
9 Steps The Best TBI Attorney LA Can Help You
You can do many things to protect yourself when filing a claim for your injuries from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). In fact, it is important to do all of the things possible to preserve your rights and collect compensation for your suffering properly. A qualified best TBI attorney in Los Angeles can be an asset in protecting and preparing you for your case. Below are five ways a traumatic brain injury lawyer can help you:
- Investigate all of your options. Your TBI may have caused permanent brain damage, or the effects may only be mild. If you seek damages for your injuries, you should have as much information as possible to support your case. By having your medical records, doctor’s notes, and other documentation to work with, a traumatic brain injury lawyer will be able to find the most effective way to build your case.
- Collect statements from witnesses. When brain injuries occur, they often cause devastating emotional and physical scars that affect not only you but those around you as well. This is why you should record any statements you have given to authorities, as these could play a role in your lawsuit. Remember to keep a written logbook, as well, so you can always refer back to it and remember key points.
- Analyze all of your records and documents. Your medical records will need to include everything from your CAT scan results to your police report and any tests. Everything you say at this point may be crucial in helping you build your case. Keep a notebook by your side, but do not copy everything. Only take notes as necessary from your traumatic brain injury lawyer.
- Make a list of all doctors who treat you. A traumatic brain injury can affect every aspect of your life, even though it may seem subtle at first. You will need to file paperwork with each doctor and thoroughly describe your symptoms to get the treatment you need. If you think you were mistreated in any way, these documents could be crucial to your lawsuit. Your lawyer will also want to make sure any tests were completed accurately and that any lab work was meticulous.
- Get an MRI. An MRI is usually the first step toward confirming a brain injury. You may even get a CAT scan if the injury is severe. With an MRI, doctors can better determine where exactly the injury is. CAT scans, however, will only provide a rough estimate of where the injury is located.
- Have tests done. A traumatic brain injury lawyer might suggest you see a specialist for more testing. CAT scans and MRI’s are not enough; you also need to have blood tests and even bone scans. Having these done will help your lawyer to explain to the judge why you suffered the injury and how the injuries will affect you moving forward.
- Get the right support. Your traumatic brain injury lawyer will help you find the right legal representation. He or she will ask for a hefty compensation package to take care of you, but you should know that most injuries never make the victims better. Having the right legal representation can go a long way in getting you the treatment you need and deserve after suffering a traumatic brain injury.
- Keep up with the latest news. Don’t be afraid to seek medical attention if the injury has affected your ability to function normally. Even if it’s just blurred vision, you should seek out help. Your brain injury lawyer can also give you advice on how to keep your physical and mental health intact. Don’t minimize what your brain injury has caused to you and the people around you. Your traumatic brain injury lawyer will help you deal with the aftermath of your injury.
- Don’t minimize your pain and suffering. Millions of people suffer from brain injuries each year, and many of them don’t seek treatment. Your traumatic brain injury lawyer understands that you have to heal, and you have to move on with your life. Your attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve to help cover the bills from your medical bills and lost wages.
Contact ODG Law Group Today!
The injury you suffer is real and can be devastating to your life. Don’t let it take over your life. Contact the best TBI attorney LA today to determine what you can do to receive the compensation you deserve. These types of injuries are more common than you think, and you can end up needing the services of a traumatic brain injury lawyer. Many attorneys specialize in this field and can help you get the settlement you need to ensure you are protected. When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated. Oktanyan Der-Grigorian Law Group started in 2021 and continued to excel in the legal industry until today. They believe that the right legal experience should begin with protecting the clients’ holistic rights. Not all law firms have this vision, yet ODG Law Group makes their clients’ well-being first above all else. This way, the clients can be assured that ODG Law Group’s TBI lawyers will fight for them to the best of their ability no matter what happens.