Many people falsely believe that they would only be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if they suffered from a specific and distinct injury at work, like a car accident or slip and fall. However, that is not true. One of the most common types of injuries we see day to day in our practice is a cumulative trauma injury.
A cumulative trauma is an injury that occurs throughout the course of time due to repetitive motions. A few examples of cumulative trauma injuries are listed below:
• An inventory or stock room clerk that has developed neck and back pain due to repetitive lifting;
• A cashier or administrative assistant that has developed wrist and hand pain due to repetitive keyboarding;
• A chef or baker that has developed carpal or cubital tunnel due to repetitive chopping and mixing;
• A sales associate or bank teller that has developed back, leg and knee pain due to repetitive and prolonged standing;
• A painter or factory worker that has developed neck and shoulder pain due to repetitive lifting; and
• A construction worker or laborer that has developed knee pain due to repetitive kneeling.
If you have been working for your employer for more than one year and have aches and pains throughout your body, contact ODG Law Group for a free consultation at 818-230-2428 to determine whether you can file a workers’ compensation claim for your cumulative trauma injury.
I have been working for a famous hotel in Los Angeles for more than 2.5 years when an accident happened inside the hotel and I had meniscus tear of my right knee and back pain. After I found out the management didn’t care of my situation I decided to get an attorney, so I researched on the computer and I found ODG Law Group. I met with Leanna and she explained how she can help me. Because she was very nice and honest person I signed a contract and she accepted my case. After few years I decided to settle my case and I was happy about it. I also want to thanks to Tina. She is very nice person and every time I contact her she helped me with good manner. Thank you ODG Law Group for your professional work.
~J.Y. Glendale CA
They helped me out when no one else would. They took the time to listen and were compassionate and patient. They have a wonderful and supportive staff. I always felt safe and cared for. They helped me reach a satisfactory conclusion to my case.
~A.C., Burbank, CA
We've helped countless injured workers get the answers they're looking for and stop worrying about what to do next. Fill out the form below and one of our legal professionals will consult with you for free.